View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Unbanned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Dalton View Post
I have a friend who has the 2500 and he uses the keys and Benz Card
I will ask him............... we used it in the HFM /104 with no priblems.
I have the Snap-On 2500. It communicates fine with the HFM and DM on the W124+M104, but it wouldn't talk to the EA/CC/ISC module. I suspect it's a software error (scanner is expecting only the 38-in cable to be used, instead of the 1-pin cable), but I haven't proven that yet. Haven't had time. I finally figured out the software error on the BM for cars with LH injection, the scanner incorrectly specifies key S-20, when key S-34 is required. Bet a lot of people think they have a bad BM because the scanner "won't talk to it", when it's actually the scanner's fault, lol. I stumbled across the fix for that purely by accident. I suspect the EA problem with HFM systems is a similar scenario.

BTW, I thought the "ST 2600" was a different manufacturer's tool... there is an Autoboss 2600 scanner, which is what confused me. But it looks like thatt may have been a typo in your previous post...? The Snap-On 2500 definitely does do live data. See below for a sample printout... this snapshot was taken with the engine not running, but you get the idea: