View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 11:50 PM

Removing Fuse Box Cover.

Work is on hold on the 87 190E 2.3-16. The temp was in the teens and 45 MPH wind gusts here in NYC. I have removed fuse box covers many times on the 5 M/B 190E cars I had or have. In fact I have changed the whole central electronics box on this car. I suspect on this one either the relay is pulled up or the cover is loose on the relay causing the plastic cover to get hooked on it when I try to slide it forward. The thought had occurred to me about what you said about removing the windshield trim to gain a little more space, may try that when the weather get warmer. Car is not used for work and I have enough other cars that do not have all the weird M/B quirks. I have 3 nice Ford Pintos that run and drive fine and give me no trouble unlike the Benz.
I used my 82 240D today started right up in AM with temp in the teens, but I had left the block heater on overnight. I had treated the 240D to new aftermarket glow plugs about 2 years ago, last summer it would not start. I found 2 of the new glow plugs burned out they had open resistance. I had saved the 4 original glow plugs, checked the resistance on them which was
good, reinstalled them and engine starts fine.

Thanks
Gene