View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Chamuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Miller View Post
Sounds like a great car and fun project. Score on that Becker! The sound quality is fantastic and they are worth tall dollars (look on ebay). There were 2 radio sizes and your car takes the narrow-in-height version.

You can't go wrong by sticking to the classic color schemes.

Some of my favorites on the w110's is:
1) White with red interior, including red German Square Weave carpets
2) Black with red interior....
3) Silver with red or black interior....
4) Red with cream (off white) interior
5) There's a fantastic medium blue, but I haven't seen what interior color it came with, maybe a deep maroon, or an autumn tan?

Enjoy, that 190 engine with single carb is simply a pleasure, and puts out plenty of power.

Do yourself a favor and source 185/80-13 tires with white walls for it. That's the tallest 13 you can find and it's as close to the original bias ply diameter that you can currently get. If you put anything else on the car it will be so wound up on the highway, you won't enjoy it....and they are bad as it is.
Thanks a lot I got the tires already, and yes it is a very nice car, I just finished a 1955 series 2 GMC Pick, one of the rarest pick ups ever, they were only made for 3-4 months so a lot of very hard parts for it took me 10 years to finish it..

I decided not to get into any project again but I felt in love with this car and the history it carries with him.

A friend of mine in Chicago owns a beautiful 1962 convertible in a light blue stunning car... maybe that is the blue you are talking about.

What do you mean with: German Square Weave carpets?

Thanks a lot..