View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Fold on dotted line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
BTW does anyone have email or snailmail address for the CEO of MB USA? regardless of the outcome, i'm thinking of collecting all the info on this forum about head gaskets and wiring harnesses, two big ticket repairs that apparently are known issues on '92 to '95 m104 engines and sending it in. why not escalate all the way to the top?
Listen, my two cents for what it's worth.

The MBUSA CEO is a doorknob, like Allen Paulson to the President. He has no power, he just stands there collecting his giant salary with his hands over his crotch as standard defensive posture.

The two guys to send things to are Dr Dieter Zetsche, the CEO of Daimler-- I have met him ( I worked there and in Germany from 1976-2001). He is by training an engineer and unlike the US guys, has what the Germans call a sense of "social responsibility."

If Prof Dr. Hubbert is still in charge of the Mercedes business unit and you send a copy to him, he's a quality fanatic. he may be retired now, but he would respond personally to some letters.

The Americans have no power and no interest in you unless you are a celebrity or can make them look bad on TMZ.com, or otherwise affect their bonus.

Go to the Germans and start your letter to Dieter with:

Sehr geehrter Vorstandvorsitzender!

which is a very formal title. They'll read the letter just because you did the courteous thing. And Dr Z reads and speaks English fluently. Leave a phone no, he just might call.

1950 170SD
1951 Citroen 11BN
1953 Citroen 11BNF limo
1953 220a project
1959 180D
1960 190D
1960 Borgward Isabella TS 2dr
1983 240D daily driver
1983 380SL
1990 350SDL daily driver alt
3 x Citroen DS21M, down from 5
3 x Citroen 2CV, down from 6