View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Mercedes Benz Diesel Doc

450 SLC restoration help

Hello All! and Happy new year!

I am in the process of restoring a 1977 450 SLC with body number:10702312000627 and engine number: 11698212005196.

My dilemma on the year model of this particular car was confounded by the fact that the chassis and engine number does not jive with my online search with that of the 1977 production year which was 107024.

This car has been kept in the garage for the past five years and it was not running when I got it though the previous owner told me that the car was running before he put it in his garage.

Upon acquiring it, I changed all the rubber hoses and the local mechanic tried to start the car. Initially, the fuel pump was stuck so we cleaned it, changed the spark plugs. We also check the firing order. the info was courtesy of this site upon doing some search.

The car still has problems since only 4 cylinder is working according to the mechanic

I cant say if this car has the D-jet 0r K-jet since I am not sure of the year model.

Is there a way to verify the year model of the car aside from the engine and body number?

The ECU number by the way is 000 545 333 288

I need help on this