View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 06:38 PM

So i did the test. Well, et me back up here. Before I did the test, the + of the coil was reading 9.4v. After I rewired everything to do the test, I found that the pert. ignition switch worked but it only read 8.8v then down to 0. then back up to 8.8 and so on as i rotated the rotor

I guess that's just not enough voltage for the switch to work. I have 3 wires coming off of the starter (not including the ground strap). At the wire connector, one goes to the transmission and starter lock-out I believe, the second to the + of the coil (9.4v) and the third (12.3v) to the alternator.

All 3 are controlled by the ignition switch, so maybe I can run power to the coil off of the 12.3v wire. It's the heaviest gauge wire out of the 3. Another idea is to upgrade the second wire to the same gauge as the 3rd. I'm thinking that way it can carry 12.3v as well.

Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws here..

Oh yeah, on more thing. I currently have black wire from the pert. to the - of the coil. and a ground from the - of the coil to the - of the battery. Should I not have the ground to the battery?

Thanks again guys!