View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 02:08 PM
WECO Installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Dalton View Post
I did not know they did not ship to Cnd....

Try Radio Shack..they have then too...

Or...you have an old Dwell Meter ???? ...you can do duty with them too....Archieves has that info................
I have a Dwell Meter....Thanks Arthur, I'm going to research this!

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBible View Post
I've been meaning to mention this with every post I've made in this thread and continue to forget.

If you don't have a duty cycle meter, but you DO have an old dwell meter, you can substitute the dwell meter for the duty cycle meter when setting the lambda adjustment. You simply look for mid scale on the dwell meter. All a dwell meter is, is a duty cycle meter marked up in degrees instead of %.You will be looking for half scale which is 50% duty cycle. For example. For a four cylinder, max scale will be 90 degrees. This means that 45 degrees on the four cylinder scale will be 50% duty cycle.

I actually dug out an old Dwell meter and experimented with it. It was reading exactly center scale on my 300E pin 3. I didn't know whether or not to trust it at the time, so I bought the $27 meter. It confirmed that my lambda was set at 50%. This gave me confidence in using the dwell meter, but now I had the duty cycle meter so I didn't need it.

Hope this helps,

Have a great day,

1993 190E 2.3
2001 SLK230
1971 LS5 (454) Corvette Convertible

Last edited by slk230red; 01-07-2009 at 03:06 PM.