View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 11:54 AM
<- Ryuko of Kill La Kill

Still going perfectly. When I fixed my GP late last year, I went ahead and removed the heat pipe and fabbed up a block off plate for the exhaust.

I'd swear that I'm getting 1-2 better MPG. I used to rarely make 31 MPG on long trips, now it's the norm and I'm doing 26-27 in town where I was only making 24-25. It might be the GP repair though...

I've been hibernating lately and not doing much on the car. Except for yesterday and today as it's been in the 60's. I've been fighting with the duo-valve trying to get heat out of it. I finally broke down and completely tore it apart and every piece of rubber was completely shot. Nobody makes a rebuild kit as far as I can tell and I refuse to pay the $240 for a new one so this is another thing I'm trying to come up with a cheap, reliable solution to.

As far as the future permutations of the EGR delete project, I plan on ordering the solid state parts soon and I've come up with a design for a piece that completely removes the valve assembly. I'm trying to "dovetail" this project in with my ST project so I hope to have some dyno numbers that would show any improvements.

Benz Fleet:
1968 UNIMOG 404.114
1998 E300
2008 E63

Non-Benz Fleet:
1992 Aerostar
1993 MR2
2000 F250