View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Land,Air,Sea&Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanyel View Post
Get a mid-90s S320 in good condition, maintain it yourself, and you'll be hard pressed to spend a thousand a year in maintenance. It's not really any more complicated than a 124 chassis plus has more room to work.
Sorry man, This is not good advice- The 140's compared to 126's are apples and oranges. Having worked extensivly on both these models, the 140s are a totally different animal.
A great example is a s320 that I worked on at the dealer. It was a 96 or 97- I dont remember exactly, but the gentalman had been bringing it to the dealer for the last 7-8 years. On one of his visits,the service adviser called me over to his desk. He had up on the computer the totals this guy had spent on the car in the last 7-8 years. Around $34,000!!!!!. That blew me away! Complete a/c systems,pse pumps,vacuum modules,window regulators etc ......
The car wasnt even that nice. The body had dings and scrapes, interior was so-so. The guy could afford a new one, but he really liked the 140.
Yes - this was a dealer and prices are high, but even at indy prices or doing it your self its still terribly expensive.

I would look into somthing a little less complex.