Thread: Tool kit
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 07:44 PM
Service Advisor
Kyle, you think like me when it comes ot it. Being able to stow it easily because of the well organized case is a great thing. But even better is the fact that everything is organized and easy to find once you open the kit.

I think you should definately go with the metric set that you feel is good. The larger kit is expensive, and it doesn't seem like you get that much more.

I would opt for the 140 piece. you probably wont need much more.

I like to have all the sockets for each size rathcet, including all the sockets in deep socket form. sometimes a deep socket is what you need.

I have broken manya cheap toolkit, but when you spend $20 and get a 100 piece kit, in apinch it can do just fine. In fact I used one of those today to fix the range rover. It worked, but ratchet action is sucky. I only by these kits to keep one in the car for emergencies.

I have two kits. one is really cheap. the other is a powerbuilt. the ratchets appear to be good quality, and the sockets as well. it has a lot of 12 point sockets too.

But like I said. ultimately I'll get a nice craftsman set, and the other sets will be relegated as household sets for just in case...

'92 300CE - Sold
2004 C240 - C7 Wheels
2015 ML350 - P1, Pano, Ash poplar wood, Sport Dinamica interior, Running Boards Keyless go.