View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 02:15 PM

What really galls me is the fact that, when I'm depending on the oomph of the engine to be there when I mash on the pedal, it is deprived of me. I'm not sure what ASR is...I'm an ESP newbie. I just hate all of this, to be honest. I would like a CAR, with BRAKES, and STEERING, and NO @#$%^&* mind of its own. I'm smart enough to pilot my own vehicle without the aid of a damn computer, and I resent the fact that my car thinks it has better judgement than me. I've gotten along just fine all of these years without a car that thinks.

It's frankly dangerous when I've decided to make a quick move, depend on the power to be there, and then the car decides I really don't need it. It about caused someone to hit me the other day. ESP is *dangerous.*

ABS is a good thing, I suppose; it's hard to argue against that, except that it's just more electronic BS to fail.

Could you please tell me what BAS and ASR mean?

I almost went to a classic auto store and bought a REAL car, with a 454, and a *carburetor,* and *breaker points,* instead of this MB. I do like the car, but I just hate all of this electronic stuff.

Thanks for all of your help, in advance.

Clay