View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Knappy Drag Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
Actually, the 119.97x was limited to 6000 continuous, 6400 intermittent. Mine upshifts at WOT at 6400 rpm even with the stock LH module and stock chip. It must be something with the 4.2L programming if you're hitting a limiter at 6200 (or, your tach is off...?).

Heh-heh. My local track is at 2700 feet. I never bother correcting (too much work, and the correction factors are often optimistic). Also, I would use the actual altitude, not density altitude, for corrections... this can also exaggerate performance. Still, an uncorrected 14 is darn good. I'd start looking for a 2.65 rear axle to pop in there. That would be a help.

Any chance you could do a run or two with the stock 4.2 LH module, then swap in the 5.0L module for comparison?

While the correction factors MAY be optimistic, They remain a valid basis for comparison because everyone (including the magazines) are using them. We do have to compensate for altitude and atmospheric conditions to be able to compare times and until something better comes along we have to use what we have. Regards, Eric