View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankenship View Post
so, the starter is currently spinning anytime i connect the battery ground...even with the key "off".

if i connect the battery ground and then put my test light to the 3 terminals on the firewall that are shown in Diesel911's post above, i get current at all three terminals, even with the key "off."

does that mean it's definitely the ignition switch? (in the dash)?
or is it still up for debate?
Again refering to the pic below and Key in the Off position; with my test light cliped to the negative terminal of the batter and putting the pointed probe on the far left terminals I get a light (+ voltage; also not the 2 conectors on the are hooked to the same strip of metal and are both (+).

When I do the same to the far right terminal with the White and Purple wire conneted to it I get no light indicating no current going through that wire with the Key in the off position.

Added: I dosconnected the Purple and White wires on the far right.
I hooked up my Meter to the Purple wire. With Key off there was no voltage. I had to turn the Key all the way to the Start position to get voltage.
The above test showed no voltage to the White wire (remember it is disconnected from the Terminal Block) at all.

I used a Jumper Wire from the (+) terminal of the Battery to the White wire and the Solenoid activated and my Starter started to crank.

The White wire (to the far right in the picture) is the one that goes to the Starter Solenoid and the Purple wire is that one that feeds the White wire the (+) voltage when the Key is all the way in the start position.

If the Key is in the Off position and you are still getting voltage to that Purple wire you have a problem from that wire back. (When I looked at the wiring diagram I was not clear to me where exactly the wire goes.)

If you disconnect the White wire on the far right and your Starter is still cranking you have a short circuit feeding (+) voltage to Starter or the Starter Solenoid is stuck.

Last edited by Diesel911; 02-02-2009 at 06:28 PM.