View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
And actually, I don't really care about Daschle's tax problem--I don't think it makes a whit of difference. It is his lifelong dream of socializing medicine that scares me.
I disagree. Something in TD's timeline rings hollow to me. Either he or his accountant in June 2008 thought he might have a problem with the limo and driver taxable fringe benefit?.... Six months later...he files his amended returns. .........
Then in Nov or December (who knows) he's approached by the O team to serve as head of HHS. Discussions presumably carry on and some of this vetting process begins. Obama later nominates him for HHS.....
Then he tells the Pres he's got some tax problems.

IF this is an accurate time line, Obama must be furious with this guy..or at his team of vetters. I'm shocked he is not outraged at being deceived. He's the president fer pete sake! If he's not going to demand the truth from his staff....well, they're all going to go their own way.

Sooner or later, he's got to start knocking heads. Quit talkin' and start leading.
"Tom, I'm disappointed that you didn't tell my staff and myself the entire story of your tax issues. I demand complete honesty from my staff. You failed me. Please withdraw your name from consideration"
Nothing too hard about that. Is there?