Thread: New Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 02:26 PM

New Dilemma

Hey all,
Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I turned 18 yesterday, and I've been busy doing other things for a while.

I'm posting a new thread since Cacela ('83 300SD) has a 'limp' right now... This last friday, I was coming back to the house from driving around the city. We still had lots of ice/snow on the ground. I was rounding the last corner out front of the building here before the straight stretch to where I park, when I slid across the ice and into the curb... I was at about a 45 degree angle from the curb, while the right front tire was parallel to the curb when I hit. I was going about 15mph I think. Since I'd just come off of a slight uphill I needed to maintain speed a bit. When I hit the curb, the tire jumped up onto the curb with a pretty decent bang... I didn't think much of it at the time. Sunday when I went out to change the tire back to my space, since the rim was dented in a fair bit from the impact. I took the tire off and noticed it was a fair bit worse than I'd hoped.

While sitting on level ground, the tire is 'toed' in at the bottom. When I jacked it up and took off the tire. The spring 'mount/holder' seems to have been pushed back in... There is a crack in what I think is the frame right by the (I don't know what everything is called yet )... well, the crack is on the frame just about straight back from the brake caliper, it is in the bottom of a little slot. I'll try to take pictures of it to post so y'all can get a better idea of what's going on. But it'd be nice if I could get the angles that I need to take explained so y'all can get the most out of the pics.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel