Here is my suggestion:
(1) replace the lower radiator hose since the inner spring is missing or rusted away.
(2) replace the cap on the overflow container.
(3) Check the overflow container carefully for cracks. Replace it if necessary.
(4) Fill the overflow container up to Max when the car is idling.
(5) Close the container tightly with the new cap and test driver the car for 10 to 20 min. and watch for overheating during driving.
(6) Stop the car and check for leak. The upper radiator hose should be very hot and pressurized by now.
(7) Wait for engine cool down and check the coolent level. Fix any water leak if necessary.
(8) Repeat steps 4, 5, 6, and 7 above if the coolent is low after engine cool down.
If you have airlock problem, that should take care of it.