View Single Post
Old 05-07-2002, 08:57 PM
Human Spirit

Dave -

I'm surprised to hear about the BMW forums being a bit 'lighter' than others. I've driven various MB products for about 8 years now and only recently became aware of this forum. As I learn more about this forum, I too am amazed at the depth and breath of knowledge shared, the maturity of the members and the civility of postings, etc. I say amazed, but not surprised - it fits with what I have come to love about the Mercedes products. Honest, high level engineering, designed-in value, consistent execution and excellent parts support and availability.

Due to links in this forum to the VW forums (tdiclub.com, vwvortex.com), especially in diesel discussions, I came to appreciate the same depth and breath of knowledge shared by the VW community. Last month I decided to purchase a New Beetle TDI diesel. The support I knew was available from the VW forums was a big factor in my decision. Since the New Beetle has been produced for about 5 years and the original TDI diesel since 1996; every issue one could run into seems to be covered.

Motor on!

- Wayne

90 300E, 142k (sold)
87 300TD, 128k (sold)
83 300D, 314k (sold)
79 300TD, 266k (sold)

Share your knowledge -

Wayne