View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Up & Over

Cool, yes. But then...

So what it does positively in the emissions department, it negates with noise pollution. That will fit right in to a city where leaf blowers have been banned.

Wasn’t this done (an Allison 250 dropped into a car) with a Corvette back in the 70s? As I recall, they didn’t have all the hi-tech issues this one seems to be having. They kept things simple. I also recall the article stating that the thing burned the tires through all three gears the entire length of its quarter mile run tests. That’s cool.

I wish they’d quit calling it a “Jet Engine”. It’s a turbine engine. It doesn’t push the care with thrust. It turns a drive shaft/transmission.

“...jet engines make more power the faster you go..."
What?

“Eventualy it's going to run on bio fuels.”
Eventually it’s going to sit in his garage not running at all. Only to be brought out for very special occasions/showings.

Still a pretty cool thing. Probably fun to take on a track just for the sake of driving something quite different.

I’m with mwood on the “useless project”. He has the ability to help finance automotive developments that we could all benefit from. But I guess that wouldn’t fuel his powerhouse/go fast ego now would it. Oh well...His money.