View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 01:35 AM
Don't have the receipt near me but I think I paid something like $50. In case you hadn't looked to see what these things cost new.....don't; it's insane. Cheapest I could find that piece was for $170.

coincidentaly, the passanger rear is the same one I'm replacing the chrome strip on. This one is also a little more involved.

On the tail end of the chrome strip (towards the rear of the car) there is a piece that has a bolt that goes thru the door and has a nut on the inside. You'll have to pull away the rubber moulding to access the nut. After that, you're on your own as to figuring out how the heck to get that nut off....that's one of the things I'm going to find out from Donnie tomorrow at MB Autowerks.

Then, on the front end, there's a slide clip. Leave this one alone for a minute.

In between the two end, right behind the chrome strip, are two or three pop-out things. I used a wooden paint stir stick to help pop them out.

Once that is done, you'll have the rear end chrome section unbolted and the two or three middle pop-out things undone.

Now, you have 3 or 4 of those pop things down below the chrome strip. Stick that piece of wood up under the panel from the bottom and use it to help pry the panel outwards away from the door. It may take some tugging to get them to pop did on mine.

Once those are all undone, then you should be able to slide the whole panel off.

Easy, huh?

Not sure about the front doors, but the other two small pieces are cake. You just pry them out from the bottom like before and them pull the panel downwards towards the ground.

I'll see if I can dig up some pix or something that show how that rear door panel comes off tomorrow after I get back from the shop. It's *definitely* confusing if you don't have an idea of what's happening back there.

1985 300SD - 'Grace' (198K mi.)
2010 Honda Fit Sport
2013 Honda Accord Sport
1996 Lexus LS400 (Retired)
1995 Ford Contour SE (Retired)
1976 Porsche 914 (Sold)
1972 Datsun 240Z (RIP)