View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVOtoGO View Post
Wow...
Seven out of the top ten current threads here are in some form or another, folk geeze’n about our government and how they/we are all either getting screwed, or are for sure about to get screwed.

The way it’s looking: Either our government has nothing better to do than make everyone’s life as miserable as possible. Or, there’s a lot of close minded folk here that don’t have anything better to do than to sit around finding something to ***** about.

I used to look forward to coming to the Forum, but there’s no more luster on it.

I used to enjoy it when Bonehead was here. MikeMed (?) and that goofy kid from Rutgers, and yes the Pella window guy and his arguments. Nick the trucker with his home arsenal and Lambo collection...
Remember those days?

But now days, the constant whining and moaning about the economy and politics, and this closed mindedness has gotten just plain boring.

Just wanted to do a little *****'n of my own.
Thanks.
Good point, I would only say that our current public arena is sorta unprecedented and a rather lively live show.

BHD was not all bad by a long shot, but good Lord, the way he could work in 'liberal trashing' into the most innocuous threads got old.

A big problem in our politics is the way both sides filter the causative elements of every problem through their partisan filter. Such as the way the current economic meltdown is supposedly primarily the fault of Fannie and Freddie and the demo pols who shoved them down our throat. Vast, vast oversimplification.

One must look for the real truth unflinchingly.