View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 11:39 AM

Thanks

Any info you have (starting circuit diagram) would be handy. Its got me chasing my tail a bit. I'm not sure the ignition switch will cause all the weird symptoms but being 33 years old and a wear part, I ordered one today. At least I can rule that out and know I won't have to mess with it ever again. Considering the problem get progressively worse over time, I think the switch is a good prevenative measure and may fix the problem.

This car has had a rough life and I think she's just mad at me. I rescued it from previous owner(s) that had all really let it go. Needed: rear springs and shocks, water pump, battery, a new hood, a new trunk lid and a few of other issues...but it did start and run and it was complete. Has less that 100K on it but it was a hard road. Just about every body panel had many dings. We got most of them out before it was painted but didn't get them all out. The car looks real decent now as for the body but it has to be put back together. Lights all installed, new weather stripping, door handles, bumpers ect. Then I get to start on the interior...it's been a money pit that I have more than I'll ever get out of it but that's how it goes sometimes...I do a lot of cars and usually do well on them...not this one LOL but it'll be a nice car once I get it all back together so I may keep it awhile to remind me to never buy one in the rough again ;-)

Is there any chance having some things disconnected could cause the problem...like power window switches or lights not installed? I know sometimes circuits feed from other things you'd not expect...I hope I've not created my own gremlins and when I put everything back in it, the problem magically fixes itself...that would be my luck. Spend a week trouble shooting and it wasn't broken...just something that I forgot I disconnected but when the problem started, I had not messed with anything.

The joys of restoration after chimps have had their way with a car and time erases your brain cells...it'll be a challange, but I'll figure it out and hopefully know this car much better when I'm done. Any insight or ideas (even semi-crazy ones) will be given consideration...I'm grasping at straws LOL Thanks, MarkG