View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 10:51 PM

Thanks guys! I learned something else new and useful today from you guys - I'm sure glad I read this thread. I knew that the adjuster on the left side adjusted seat height, but I never knew it allowed more adjustment front to back also.

So, when I slid it all the way back using the side adjuster handle, I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find that it not only slid back, but that it adjusted the height to about 1" lower too!

Then when I slid the seat back forward to its previous position using the adjuster handle in the front of the seat, I was really happy to see that the height adjustment basically didn't change. I still had that extra inch of headroom I got by sliding it back with the side ajduster handle.

So all said and done I was able to lower the seat another inch, gaining more headroom AND space between the bottom of the steering wheel and the top of the seat. TOO COOL! Heck, I could almost swap out my 14" aftermarket steering wheel and go back to the 16.5" diameter stock wheel now!

I don't plan on doing that, because the extra inch-and-a-quarter (half the 2.5" difference in wheel diameters) between the bottom of the wheel and top of the seat makes it so much more comfortable, especially since it gives me the space to move and repostition my legs more, but adding yet another inch by lowering the seat today made it even that much better!
99% original unmolested car
~210k miles on the clock

1986 Ford F250 4x4 Supercab
Charcoal & blue two tone paint over burgundy interior
Banks turbo, DRW, ZF-5 & SMF conversion
152k on the clock - actual mileage unknown