View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Guenther View Post
That is just "BS" I have had at least three batteris replaced at my home or place of business. It is always at the price of a over the counter battery, my service advisor told me not to come in because then they charge labor. This is not the first time I have heard of them playing this game of "at night, too far", and attempting to charge. I have also heard of them marking up the list price. I would call 1-800-FORMERCEDES, and complain, I hope you did not call the dealer direct!
Yeah, when I called the 1-800. They said that they said that they normally get people from the dealer to come out to do the service (I asked for price and they said it was from the closest dealer and I could ask when they call back). I said if that was the case, I wanted a guy from Tyson's Corner because they had the cheapest battery prices (the closest was the most expensive). When I talked to the Service guy on the phone that said there would be a $130 service charge, he said that he did not work for MB of Tyson's but directly for MB Roadside Assistance. Maybe it was because it was the evening I was working on it, or maybe because he was 15 miles away when the closest dealer was 0.25 miles away, or maybe MB likes to gouge DC area customer. After I got it out, he did want me to call back and give the mileage to him so he could close the ticket out.

BTW for people that want the MB batteries and live in the DC area. Here are the 2 cheapest:

MB of Tyson's Corner (VA): $155 + tax for the Starter Battery and $203 + tax for The Consumer Electronics Battery

Herb Gordon MB (MD): $173 + tax for the Starter and $220 + tax for the Electronics. The said they would price match Tyson's though.

Most expensive: Euro Motorcars (MD) $210 + tax for the starter and $320 + tax for the Electronics.

Most Autoparts stores (Advanced Auto, Pepboy, Autozone, etc) for the Electronics: $100