View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock505 View Post
...Last thing, do MB recommend a particular brand? the ones which caused my problems were NGK from memory which carried very small circular machining rings around the shaft, this certainly didnt help but the Bosch Duraterms I fitted have been fine...

Mercedes recommends that you use the M-B brand GPs, not aftermarket. I don't know if anyone has done a comprehensive comparison of the OE V OEM GPs to see if there is any difference. Maybe there is, maybe not. The OE plugs I used were made by Bosch but I don't know if they are 100% identical to the same Bosch plugs you can buy from Pep-Boys. I suspect they are.

It does seem odd that after all these years Mercedes hasn't worked with the vendors to help develop a stronger plug design that doesn't break. I'm sure if you as Mercedes they will blame the plug vendor and if you ask the plug vendors they will blame the head design for conditions that cause the plugs to get stuck...no German makers ever admit they ever made anything that wasn't perfect

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz