Thread: Brake Job Price
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2002, 01:17 PM

Tracy,

Yeah seems like a great deal. As I said before, the guy is great. And, yes, I am so glad to have the car working properly. I really hate driving with warped rotors...Now I just need a new ignition wire set. Guess what? I'm buying them from him. It's easier...Like I said before - for me it's often just a logistics thing, not about saving $5... I'm sure everyone that had followed this thread will be relieved...

Yes, I also always try to do extra things for people that deal squarely with me. I also try to frequent the same places. You build a good working relationship and it's a win-win for everyone. Besides, it's nice to walk into a place and know and be known. Trust is priceless...

Living in NYC has been great in that way. People tend to think of Manhattan as a big impersonal place. However, we don't really have malls here or many chain stores. People interact on the street, they're not all isolated in their cars. Most places I go are small business, generally mom and pop places. Like the "good old days"...People know you, remember you and they treat you right...It's refreshing.

Sorry, all, for the tangent...

Joey

'88 560SL Pearl Black/Java 152K
'94 E320 Anthracite/Grey 89K

Previously:
'94 E420 Black/Bamboo
'90 300E
'71 280SEL 4.5