View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Schießenstern

Yeah, I've heard the bit about how americans know fairly little about canada.
I'll give you some local statistics here...

In 2007 The local pulp mill here closed. about 4500 jobs lost.
in the next three months the suicide rate skyrocketed from 1-2 a year to 3 a month.

When I was a kid living here, seeing a police car going down the street was a rarity. now the cops wave at me when they drive by to a call.

Prince Albert is a small city, about 35-40,000 people. 48% are Aboriginal. Of those, at least 50% have a felony record, are out on parole, or at large.
Hells angels are thru regularly, Ching-a-lings set up shop a couple years ago (local crime rate plummeted ) we got pilgrims, car thieves, drug dealers...you name it..but what city doesn't have it's problems.
Saskatoon, to the south being labeled as the #1 most dangerous city in Canada doesn't bid well for us, since the ones being bad in saskatoon are from Prince Albert. two RCMP officers were gunned down in a small town not far from here..it's getting bad.

the rapper 50cent won't come to saskatoon because he says that the gangs are out of control.

Lately I've been seeing Sudanese gang signs popping up here and there..that is scary, refugees coming from a war torn country, already conditioned for violence trained to use military equipment..
2002 ML500 'sport'