View Single Post
Old 05-16-2002, 10:16 AM

Sorry that I didn't include all the info. Here goes:

I switched from my snow tires (185/65-15 on MB rims) to my summer tires (205/60-15 on MB rims). The hight difference between the tires is only 2.75 mm but of course the width difference is 25mm.

I just got the car back from an alignment shop last night (after I posted the message). They said everyting is in alignment, but the passenger side is sitting a little lower as a result of the ball-joint pulling out from the stud. And that this is making the wheel appear as if it's not centered in the wheel well. (I was measuring from the front of the tire to the front of the wheel well -- and since the passenger side is sitting lower, the wheel is farther into the wheel well. So it appears closer) (I hope I'm explaining this clearly.)

The shop I went to is a very good spring and alignment place, but admitted they have very little experience with MB cars. They said they couldn't figure out what was causing the ball joint to pull from the stud. Has anyone here had any experience with this problem.

Again, thanks in advance for any insight.

Jeff Pierce

Current Vehicles:
'92 Mercedes 190E/2.3 (247K miles/my daily driver)
'93 Volvo 940 Turbo Wagon (263K miles/a family truckster with spunk)
'99 Kawasaki Concours
Gravely 8120
Previous Vehicles:
'85 Jeep CJ-7 w/ Fisher plow (226K miles)'93 Volvo 940 Turbo Wagon
'53 Willys-Overland Pickup
'85 Honda 750F Interceptor
'93 Nissan Quest
'89 Toyota Camry Wagon
'89 Dodge Raider
'81 Honda CB 750F Super Sport
'88 Toyota Celica
'95 Toyota Tacoma