Thread: 300 SD advice
View Single Post
Old 09-24-1999, 12:34 AM
Robert W. Roe's Avatar
Robert W. Roe Robert W. Roe is offline
Registered User
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 1,322
What should happen, if you have collision coverage, is that your insurance company writes you a check for the $5000 minus your deductible. If you want to buy the car back with a salvage title, you pay them a modest sum (in my case this spring, it would have been $700 to buy back my wrecked '90 Acura Integra). Then you have to either keep it garaged or get it fixed and re-inspected and re-registered. Not a bad deal if you want a parts car, if you have the space.

Robert W. Roe
1984 300SD 165,745 miles