View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Ghost of Diesels Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by UriahT View Post
I don't know why anyone would go with Depo lights, when you can pick up a great condition set of Bosch euros for about the same price.

I bought my pair of Bosch euros for around 125, including shipping. That's a deal, but you can regularly find them for under 200/pair. Much better bet than having to worry about shoddy connections, cheap plastic, etc.

Going with Euros, besides the obvious light difference, will save money in the long term, as a H4 bulb is a lot cheaper to replace than a sealed beam. And let's not even mention how often the plastic surrounds on US-spec lights crack and chip.
if you're lucky you can do so. but to get a pair of euros in NIB condition you have to pay out the nose. You get lucky sometimes and find a set that are still in one piece in the junk yard and are good to go. Others are either smashed, cracked glass, hazy and pitted glass etc. Sure the glass is easy to replace but then you might find one with a broken housing or missing rear door or the adjusters are broken.

I've had not a single issue with my depo's other than the fact I pulled the glass off to reseal them with RTV for added protection. The lense design and housing is a 100% copy of the bosch light and bosch glass will fit on them if you break the depo glass.

I wish katmac still sold W126 euros or I'd be all over them

check this they do sell the under light sheetmetal without the holes in it now

http://www.katmac.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=KI&Product_Code=W126TR&Category_Code=ACC

anyone have a price on those from the dealership?