View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Fold on dotted line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Learner View Post
MTU, what's your affiliation with Renntech? You haven't said anything about being a customer of theirs, nor cited any personal experiences in support of your "testimonial" for how great this vendor is. The way you immediately assumed it was the customer's fault and criticized him, leads me to suspect that you have some sort of ownership interest in that company. Why would I say that? In point of fact, Renntech does not have a particularly good reputation, and it's for exactly the reasons that the OP mentioned. They're arrogant, inflexible, and unwilling to accept what dissatisfied customers bring to their attention.... Sort of the way you went after the OP in your comments.
Good listees,
Before we have a fight for no reason, let's remember some things that apply here.

First: every situation has two sides-- except mine
Second: the law says that if you get something you don't want, then you should refuse it, unless:
A. they deliver it when you are not home
b. The packaging hides it, so you can't tell till you open it.

The way contract law and consumer law works is:

If the other guy does something different, or fails to do something you asked for, then the contract is NULL, UNLESS YOU ACCEPT IT.

THE ONLY way to have handled this where you would be totally in the right would have been
1. To refuse it as damaged and get it sent back.
2. To call them immediately and say: "The package was damaged and the package was delivered UPS, which I specifically asked you not to do. You broke the sales agreement. If you don't want to agree to the previous agreement, I want ALL my money back-- no restocking fee-- because YOU broke the contract."

This may take longer, but then there are NO issues. YOU are 100% in the right; their position is 0% defensible.

Plus you call the credit card company immediately and explain what you did and that you want a total reimbursement unless you call them back and tell them to do otherwise.

IMHO, this is why they need to change the high school curriculum so that people become informed consumers as a part of life, rather than learning the non-essential stuff they do learn.

BTW, they should learn spelling too. Or how to use spell check.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

1950 170SD
1951 Citroen 11BN
1953 Citroen 11BNF limo
1953 220a project
1959 180D
1960 190D
1960 Borgward Isabella TS 2dr
1983 240D daily driver
1983 380SL
1990 350SDL daily driver alt
3 x Citroen DS21M, down from 5