Thread: The Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
What criteria do you think should be put in place to purchase /own a gun and what is your favorite gun? Please feel free to take this thread wherever you like.

I think a "well regulated militia" means that guns need to be treated like cars, another deadly weapon that is well regulated and available to the militia in case of war. I think they should be registered, licensed and insured. Dope gangs legally carrying semi-automatic assault rifles they purchased at a gun show are not a "well regulated militia", neither is some nut who walks into a nursing home and kills eight old people for a laugh.

My favorite rifle was my grand-dad's 30-40 Krag, converted in his wood shop into a deer rifle. That thing would knock down a barn, and many a deer ended up on the kitchen table as a result of his fine down-home machine work. My favorite pistol is my Browning Hi-power made back in Belgium in the 70's in fact I like it so much I sleep with it every night, my favorite shotgun is the Beretta over/under my dad hunts duck with, one of his prized possesions that will one sad day be mine.

Last edited by JollyRoger; 03-30-2009 at 01:46 PM.