View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by inventor View Post
Hi, If the vehicle is abandoned in your property and the owner is no were to be found how do I get it re-register or even moved? any ideas I'm in california.....
Don't know about California, but in CT the police won't have anything to do with abandoned vehicles on private property. As far as getting ownership of the car, can't be done in this state unless you have a dealers, repairers, or dismantlers license. Then you need to have the vehicle on your property for a minimum of 30 days, then file abandoned MV paperwork with the state. Takes another 6~8 weeks. At that time, depending on the value of the vehicle (over $150) you have to place ads in all the local papers for the public auction you will need to hold. Then your agent needs to be the highest bidder.
What kind of car is it? Is it worth anything?
If you just want it gone, call the local auto salvage yard. They will charge you for the tow, but then it is their problem. It is much easier for them to have the vehicle declared abandoned, VIN processed as destroyed, and then scrap the car.

Absolutely easiest way to make it go away, push it out into the street. Then you don't have to pay for the tow or in any way have your name associated with the car.

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif