View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dculkin View Post
I don't know where you guys get your news, but I've heard and read countless reports of Barnie Frank's misreading of this issue. He's been blamed repeatedly over the last several months.

If you ask me, this claim that people try to blame Bush for everything is worn out. Few blame Bush for everything, but the fact is that he bears the blame for a bunch of bad things. So do a bunch of other people, including Barney Frank. Why you guys believe that Frank's involvement has not been reported is beyond me.

EDIT: Rep. Watts' involvement was also in the news, but not nearly as prominently as the reporting done about Frank. That the reporting on Watts was more low key is not surprising, given Frank's more prominent position in the House of Representatives.

I have to agree with you,, although "prominently" is a little too strong, imo.
Barney actually did publicly admit to making mistakes in judging how many people were creditworthy and should have been permitted to purchase homes.

I recall hearing a few years ago a statistic on how home ownership had risen from about 61% to 67 or 68% in about 4 years or so. That bubble had to burst. Why our leaders didn't put the brakes on it remains the 64k question.

whole lotta blame to sprinkle around....everywhere.