View Single Post
Old 05-18-2002, 01:41 AM
Unhappy More then I asked for, but should I have to pay?

I'll start from the beginning... Tuesday I called the shop I take my car to for this type of work to schedule a transmission fluid change. I asked if they mind if I provide the filter (as I hadnít ever provided my own parts before) and she said not a problem we donít mind doing that. The estimate is $70 for the fluid change and you provide the filter, $125 and we'll provide the filter. So I check Fast lane and order the filter for the transmission and one for my engine oil as I knew I would be doing that soon also. I had the engine oil filter sitting on my passenger seat but I took the transmission filter in the receptionist when I brought my car in. A friend picked me up and I went to help him move and I came back to pick up my car after hours and they had changed my transmission fluid and my engine oil. I was going to change the oil myself this weekend, even had Mobil 1 in the trunk. Also the transmission service was $105 fluid $16.90 and oil change was $21 and oil $15.96. Itís not like they rebuilt the engine without asking but I still donít feel like itís a mistake I should take responsibility for. I also donít want to make a bad relationship with the shop. Suggestions would be helpful as I'll need to pay the bill soon.

1986 190E 186K (For Sale)
(Maroon, Tan leather)
1996 C280 Sport 208K
(Brilliant Silver, Black Leather)
2002 CLK430 Sport 45K
(Brilliant Silver, Gray Leather , Birdseye Maple)