View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Das Sturm Uberdoktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
A lack of volume is due to the lack of pressure. The two are interrelated..........and any shop that tells you otherwise doesn't understand the physics of the system.
Okay, Brian...I have a great deal of respect for you. I'll make this easy and just give up trying to assist in any way with the possibility that there could be another alternate cause for this questioned timing changed based on low lift pump pressure.

I will also concede that two authorized Bosch IP shops (Advanced Diesel Systems in Fresno and Pacific Fuel Injection in San Francsico) know absolutely nothing about the pumps that they calibrate for a living.

I will go even further to say that companies that build/service hydraulic systems for profit have no idea what they are doing, even when we have experienced high pressure, low volume problems in heavy equipment, due to a restriction in the system that was hard to find because line pressure (working) was within specification.

Lastly, I would suggest that the timing should be electronically monitored and fuel pressure and volume decreased to see if in fact there is a change in the IP timing.

I have nothing to gain here, Brian and I certainly don't want to upset or offend you. I try to contribute good thinsg to this forum and I always differentiate between what is my opinion, what is based on experience and I always cite my sources when offering technical advice.

I am very interested in the outcome of all this testing and I will contribute in any way that I can...Robert