View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMBDiesels View Post
This is a MISSILE DEFENSE SYSTEM. It it not pointing missiles at Russia. It is primarily to shoot down missiles coming from Iran and to protect our NATO allies. W even offered to extend the coverage to Russia.
The idea that this is an act of aggression is ludicrous. The Poles want this system as do the Czechs. Yanking it out from under then after all they went through to prepare for it reeks of cutting and running...

The only ones against this are the Russians, not because it is a threat to them, but because they do not want to see the USA playing in the former Warsaw Pact countries. Remember how they were dead set against Poland joining NATO?

I think we are going to need all the missile shields we can build once the PDRK and Iran have three stage capability.
I don't know about the Poles, but a good majority of Czechs are against the missile shield. That's one reason Mr. Topolanek's government, that wanted to go ahead with the shield, recently fell. You can also look at the issue from the Russians' point of view. How would you feel if the Russians deployed a missile shield in Cuba? Last time something like that happened I remember Americans didn't like it very much.

Past MB's: '96 E300D, '83 240D, '82 300D, '87 300D, '87 420SEL

Last edited by DieselAddict; 04-02-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: spelling