View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 04:09 AM
Banned

What's up with this cash thing these days?

Try to spend $100.00 bills. They're not as easy to pass as they should be.

This freaking-out, marking, etc. over taking $100.00 bills @ retail establishments is worrisome to me. There is some king of "looky-looky gotcha" going on in America. People have always gotten excited over handling/looking at hundreds, but this isn't good.

There was a guy in the news today, at Lambert Field airport in St. Louis, MO. that was detained by TSA because he was carrying $4,700.00 in cash. Questioned at length, then sent downtown. This country doesn't seem to like cash. In 1976 I bought a new $11,000.00 Corvette L-82 (the one in my Profile) from a Chevy dealer for cash. A couple and a half decades ago I paid cash for my home, they weren't expecting it, but sold it to me anyways. The Mercedes-Benz dealer would probably call the police if I tried to buy another new Mercedes-Benz with $52K in cash.

Cash freaks people out who do not recognize legal tender. Try paying for merchandise with $2 bills and see if the gum- popping cashier will take them?

When Cashier's Checks started getting scrutinized and declined as a cash on the barrelhead purchase, I went to cash. Now cash is a problem.

Shall we go back to 2 goats and 6 chickens for legal tender??