View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howitzer View Post
^^That's not where he was going with it. I used to carry large wads, not out of necessity but to make myself feel good about my pocket full of cash, then there was the day a friend called me over to have a few beers and check out his new Boston Whaler we went for a cruise and while at full throttle my money flew out of my pocket $7000ish we turned around and when I finally got the balls to jump into lake Michigan in late April the bills were about 5 feet below the surface. I took the plunge and grabbed as many bills as I could and came up with 4 $1's and 1 $20, which were the only small bills in the wad...I threw my drivers license in with the rest of the money.

And when I thought my lesson was learned some money slipped out of my pocket and fell out of the car when I opened the door...on a windy day thanks to some nice by standers I recovered that loot.

...But if that 11,000 Vette was purchased today for cash, the gubmint knows about it, if the dealer complies with the law. Hey, I don't write the music, I just sing the song.

(if you wuz NAVY, I'd say that was a great sea story.)

Repeat after me: Most of the experience you get in life comes five minutes after you needed it.