View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Inna-propriate-da-vida

Cash has always been the untrackable method of payment. Favored by people trying to skirt taxes, drug dealers, arms sellers, basically anyone who favors leaving no trace. Who hasn't gotten a better deal on services rendered by offering cash. It is something I routinely do when dealing with the owner of a company, tell them I will be paying cash, and won't be needing a receipt. Quite often, they are appreciative of dodging the tax (nearing 50% for many). As a small business owner, I understand.

Of course cash is more of a nuisance, if you are going to enter the sale on your books. As Aklim pointed out, there are fake bills out there, and if you get stuck with one, you lose. Also, securing the cash until it can be brought to the bank.

With the sheer number of robberies, many stores are limited in how much cash they have on hand, so when you waltz into the old 7/11 with your hundred, you end up cleaning out all the cash in the drawer. The poor cashier(who probably gets any fake bills taken out of their paycheck) has to get a manager to open the safe for more money. All in all, if our society wasn't so chock full of scammers and thieves, we wouldn't have to worry about these things.

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif