View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
This behavior is standard operating procedure. Same thing occurred at Circuit City.

It's your obligation to research the price and determine if you're paying the proper amount. You bought it.........at what you determined was a good deal.........no refunds...........and then you got cold feet and wanted to bring it back.

Sorry, no money for you.
I didn't get cold feet and want to return it. I just tried to get them to honor the advertisement they had plastered on signs on the front door.

I considered this a deceptive act as defined by the laws of my state (South Carolina). Quoting from our state code:

"SECTION 39-5-20 ... Unfair or deceptive acts or practices in the conduct of any trade or commerce are hereby declared unlawful."

The penalty: "If a court finds that any person is willfully using or has willfully used a method, act or practice declared unlawful by Section 39-5-20, the Attorney General, upon petition to the court, may recover on behalf of the State a civil penalty of not exceeding five thousand dollars per violation."

While it may be "standard operating procedure" where you live, I believe it is illegal where this transaction occurred. It appears the practice is pervasive. I will contact the state Attorney General.

Behind every great man is a great woman. Behind every great woman is a great behind.