View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookwhaler View Post
I'm trying to get my transmission tip top for daily driving. I am expieriencing the common 2/3 shift flare.

In regards to testing the vacuum going to the VCV, do I pull the line off the top of the VCV and read the vacuum there? Or do I get a reading from the VCV a different way.

I'm trying to decide if I should try to adjust the bottom of the blue flying saucer or install a spring kit to correct the problem. I read somewhere that it was possible to adjust the flying saucer. But that adjustment is dependent on the vacuum reading at the VCV correct?

Any help in this area is greatly appreciated.
The '85 has a very unique setup and it's responses are totally different than any other combination. So, you've got to be very careful with any advice that you get........unless the member has the exact same vehicle.

I don't have that vehicle, but I did recommend that one member make a small adjustment to the amplifier (blue flying saucer). Under the device you'll find a plastic cover. Remove the cover and there will be a 4mm plastic adjustment screw. Turn the screw clockwise by two turns and put the amplifier back into the vehicle. Take it for a drive and see if the 2-3 flare is reduced. This attempt may work........may not.......but it won't harm anything to try it.