View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post
Anyone ever install one of these babies? Got any advice for manufacturer?

My goal (maybe can achieved some other way) is to get a constant flow rate to my shower. I have a well and pressure tank, and my pump is set to turn on at ~35psi and off at ~50psi. I have recently installed an on demand water heater, and it does not have thermostatic control. So the water temperature is raised x degrees at x gpm. When the pressure runs down to ~35 (less gpm), the water is hotter, and when the pump kicks in to boost the pressure back up (more gpm), the temperature dips. It's not a terrible difference, but I like a consistent temperature. Possibly I could use a pressure regulator and set it at the lower end of my range?
Two things you might try on the cheap; boost your low pressure to 40 then install the regulator, on the shower hot water supply only.

A better solution in all respects is to increase the size of your pressure tank. The root of your problem involves "drawdown"; your tank is too small. Most folks have a nominal 20 gallon tank at best when they should have a 60 or even 80 gallon captive air tank. If you had a 100 gallon you wouldn't know that you were on a well, it is as though you have municipal water; ask me how I know

Jim
2011 Subaru Legacy AWD (Wife's)