View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kenny View Post
I posted a few weeks ago about being T-Boned by a an Infiniti QX45; our Avalon being totaled, my daughter slightly injured, etc...
The insurance company occasionally checks to see how my daughter is doing and is inquiring about settling.... No, they have not been obnoxious or pushy. They have been quite civil and actually nice. (Of course)
My 18yo daughter seems to be all better; no more back pain or twinges as there was only muscle soreness from the accident and only the one hospital visit with xrays etc.
The insurance co will pay for all medical, and for 'pain & suffering.'
Okay; here's the question.... How much is common settlement for pain and suffering? A few days of soreness and stiffness plus a month of a little pain if she "turns her back just a certain way"....
We are not greedy gougers or trying to profiteer or take advantage of the situation or the system. We fancy ourselves to be honest people all the time.
Any experience or ideas?

(They gave us true retail market value for the Avalon; which was more than NADA book.)

P.S. Do you like this little red car I bought to replace the Avalon? My daughter thought it was "cute".
Get your own lawyer. The insurance company will certainly have their lawyers.