Thread: L408D camper
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
I know that Kerry is partial to motor homes, but I have been camping for over 30 years....always with a tow vehicle and a pull behind trailer.

Maneuverability is excellent and you can set it up in 15 minutes with the right equipment. Then you can drive the tow vehicle wherever you want to go. Best thing is you can upgrade or down grade either the tow vehicle or the trailer at any time you wish.

My first trailer was a little 700# compact junior which I towed with my Saab 99. I have had at least seven trailers since up to my 35' Airstream. I now have a 30' award (canadian built) lightweight.

And I have towed with cars, Suburbans (6 of them), and one van (hated that). I now have a 2003 Dodge with cummins (Sweet) and I also have a 95 Chebby wagon which I may eventually switch over to if it works out well.

Just thougth I would offer an alternative point of view.

you do have a very good point there! there's also no need to tow a car or something behind your motorhome. saving alot of fuel.

i really love those dodge cummins, im gonna get me one of those eventually. 2003 is a little too new for me though
way better than any duramax or powerstroke. in my opinion.

looks like i'm getting a 1990 chevy coachman with a 350. i'm getting a really good deal on it though. its an old friend of the familys.
i'm not 100% positive yet though