View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveuz View Post
Last Aug I was flying from Buffalo to Indy. I was dressed in Jeans tee shirt and work boots. I had 1 small carry on bag and a book about Alexander Hamilton and that was it. After going thru the Metal detector I was then asked to step into a clear plastic like area. I was than searched and my wallet was taken. I was than questioned by TSA. Questions such as Where I was going , why ect. Also If it was a good book , What kind of fish do I fish for (because of the fishing license in my wallet) and while poking thru the Alexander Hamilton book if I expected a long flight. Than similar questions just reworded such as where do I fish and what I catch , was it a good book what type of work did I do ect ect. Meanwhile they took everything out of my carry on bag and wallet. Poked around inside my work boots and pocket change and disappeared with my drivers license for about 15 minutes. In the end after having 2 supervisors come over in addition to the 4 TSA people already questioning me , they said I was free to board the plane. I had to repack all my things including every scrape of paper in my wallet they had emptied. I must have fit some type of profile.
I fly all the time due to my job, sometimes they pull people at random for these things. My worst moment was when I had somehow gotten one of my six year old's toys put into my duffle bag, it had a dial on it that he could spin around to a particular animal and it would then say the name of the animal and make the sound of the beast. As the TSA ex-hamburger flipper groped around in my duffle bag, all of a sudden my duffle bag started shouting "cow!" "cow!" "cow!" as it also bleated moooooooooooooo...... You'd think the hamburger flipper had found a severed head, he reacted so intensely. I was quickly surrounded by terrified ex-flippers, and soon ushered into a room were a Dallas police officer was waiting. I was made to stand there with my arms outstretched as I was given a professional searching by the real cop, forced to watch as they went through every last thing I owned, while another cop whisked away my license, probably to check me for warrants. When it was done, it was done, and I got on the plane as usual.