View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Dead on balls accurate...

I still say this is a job for the smaller ships of the surface fleet. Frigates and corvettes are just the thing for dealing with these pirates, heck a CG cutter could take out the speedboats and probably sink a mother ship as well (on TV they look like captured tramp steamers with improvised towing capability.)

Sink the mother ships round up the now helpless speedboats and then blockade their ports. Go in with the Marines and clean them out.

This is an 19th century problem and should be dealt with in a 19th century manner!

http://www.history.navy.mil/docs/war1812/const3.htm

In the meantime I say the merchies should start running in convoys with a bunch of ships able to support each other and either an armed merchant ship or a frigate running shotgun, the pirates will have to turn back.

What we need to do is sink these b@stards, capture as many of them as possible and try them in an Admiralty court before stringing them up. The only way they should escape the ultimate penalty is by turning over all the hostages and captured ships intact immediately. The last thing we should do is turn them over to the Somali 'authorities' in other words their cousins...

Current
Monika '74 450 SL
BrownHilda '79 280SL
FoxyCleopatra '99 Chevy Suburban
Scarlett 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Krystal 2004 Volvo S60
Gone
'74 Jeep CJ5
'97 Jeep ZJ Laredo
Rudolf ‘86 300SDL
Bruno '81 300SD
Fritzi '84 BMW