View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
You read my mind. I hate peeing in perfectly good water. I prefer regular old dirt to a pail, however. Some commune type arrangements that I've read about set it up so folks can pee comfortably and discreetly onto the compost pile, which I understand is preferable as raw pee on crops can be too strong.

I started a thread a while back that was unanimously ignored (): Yellow Is the New Green

There was an interesting line in the article that was near to my, er, uh, heart:

It’s been more than 100 years since Teddy Roosevelt wondered aloud whether “civilized people ought to know how to dispose of the sewage in some other way than putting it into the drinking water.”
One of my requirements for housing (last 20 years anyway) is that I can piss in the backyard without riling the neighbors. 'Course most of that time I lived where I could not see my neighbor or their lights, not even from the outhouse. Everyone should spend a year of their lives without running water (or more if they care to) really gives a perspective. You start carrying all the water you need to survive, and the last thing you want to do is pee in it. And you don't let the faucet run while your brushing your teeth, or to let it get colder to drink, or while your doing the dishes. All in all, it'll make you a more conscious consumer of water real fast.

Didn't think you were supposed to compost bones or meat scraps. I've always pulled that stuff aside and buried it in a pit, or burnt it in the woodstove. Free BTU's

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif