View Single Post
Old 05-22-2002, 02:42 PM
I was concerned about squeal and dust when I got the pads changed on my C280. I posted a question for some recommendations and finalized on Rotex pads as they were noted to last a long time and have about 25% of the OEM dust. AW, I took it in for the change and they said that the rotors werenít too bad but, it wouldnít hurt to change them and it wouldnít hurt to keep them on. I asked what the ramifications were to not changing them and the Mech said the brakes could squeal...long story short...I didnít have them change the rotors, just the pads and I havenít had a real problem. The only squeal I get is if itís a rainy day and I drive somewhere and then let the car sit, the next time I use the brakes they squeal when backing out or the first stop you come doesnít happen after the first time. On the good side is I notice almost no dust from them, I used to clean the wheels at least every other day because...well because I'm excessive about a clean car...but now I just clean them when I wash my car, and they really donít show any signs of brake dust when I do that. I'm happy with them. You might try something other then OEM.

1986 190E 186K (For Sale)
(Maroon, Tan leather)
1996 C280 Sport 208K
(Brilliant Silver, Black Leather)
2002 CLK430 Sport 45K
(Brilliant Silver, Gray Leather , Birdseye Maple)