View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 09:43 PM
88Black560SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E320 View Post
It took just over 2 weeks for the whole ordeal. Would your rear diff be similar to mine? Did you use the SL600 diff or the 560SL diff?

Also why was your thread taken down?
I'm using the SL600 diff. The best research I can do from EPC is that my diff is different to yours. How much different I don't know. It appears that the 124 diffs used 126 parts so a 126 LSD carrier would probably bolt right in. But the 140 series case diffs use 140 PN carriers. It doesn't mean it wont go in but but there is no way I can tell without trying. All of them use 126 spiders so who knows.

Another option I have is using certain 560 euro spec rear which came with 2.65 gears. The problem with that is I believe I am pushing the torque limits of the 126 rear so I would prefer to have a 140 solution as it was designed for this kind of torque.

By the way I'm going to Munich next week. Anyone know of any good German bone yards. One where I might be able to find a good Euro 126 rear with LSD and 2.65 gears.

So I don't know when I'm going to get to do this. But the plan will be to try the 560SL carrier. If it fits great. If not I will send the rear to Phantom Grip.