Thread: Tea Parties
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 06:43 AM

Tea Parties

I was hoping to see a thread on yesterday's Tea Parties...but nothing. Its as if there is the thought to ignore them and they have no significance.

Well let me start the ball rolling.
There is a lot of anger in middle America--anger that the People y are not being represented by their governments. Unresponsive government does lead eventually to revolution. This protest was an attempt to get attention, and redress short of revolutkion. The recent bail outs were, IMO, a major stimulus to the tea parties--Email and phone calls to all levels of government to advise representatives to not support the bailouts were entirely ignored. This country "Of the people" has responded.

The democrat spin is that this is a republican effort to get back into power. This is a lie. Some republicans jumped on the bandwagon in the last 2 weeks, but this was a true grass roots effort that came from the bowles of the country. In all of the tea parties I heard about, the mix was almost evenly split between republicans, democrats and independents. Of course the dem spin machine will ignore this entirely.
The tea parties were not to support any political party, but to express citizens' anger at being ignorted by their governments.
To be sure, the real measure of their success will come in the next election. Will people vote out the incumbants, or will it be business as usual?
Time will tell.
Tea Parties are definitely better than armed rebellion.